Thursday, September 18, 2008

Wake Weekly and Wake Forest Gazette Stories

The Wake Weekly and Wake Forest Gazette both ran stories on Thursday about the 4-1 vote Tuesday night for allowing hens in Wake Forest. While the Wake Weekly's story isn't available online, click here for the Gazette's.

I have a feeling there will be quite a few small flocks popping up around Town in the next year or so. I hope that each of these flocks will be well maintained by responsible owners, and we won't have any complaints do deal with. I think this is a wonderful step forward for our community - let's put it into action!

I hope to have a few 'chicas' in my yard in the next couple of weeks!
Here's what I plan to build this weekend:


Perhaps I'll see a few of these around town soon too?!

2 comments:

Egghead said...

I love this. Congratulations and I can't wait to hear how many pop up around. Do you think you will try to keep up with other people with chicks?

Carole said...

Congratulations on a job well done Emily!